If you have a boat, you can dock in Ermoupoli, Finika and Vari. By boat or inflatable boat, you can visit Gyaro.
Syros is the shipbuilding and repair center of the Cyclades. All the boats of the surrounding islands are directed to the "carnaia" of Hermoupoli for towing and technical support. SURFING The beaches of Syros are many and excellent for this particular sport. The beaches of Santorini, Galissa, Fabrica and Finikas are suitable for surfing and will fascinate you.
In Syros there are several spots for autonomous scuba diving. Caves, wrecks and reefs create many alternative exploration excursions for prospective divers. It would be good to contact the Port Authority or the tourist offices of the area before diving and about the possibilities offered by the island.
The packages related to diving tourism are available both in the Greek and international markets and include:
- the transport of tourists upon their arrival and departure from the island
- alternatively the provision of a car
- overnight stays with breakfast
- transfers from the accommodation to boat and vice versa
- a certain number of dives from the boat
- the provision of technical equipment for diving.
On the island you will find 5X5 pitches, operated by private initiative and halls with appropriate equipment for organizing conferences
In Syros, hiking enthusiasts will be in for a surprise, as this time the routes they will walk will cover not so much distances in space as in time. Some of the routes worth doing are the following:
1. Walks in Ano Syros
2. Tour of the Mediterranean green settlement of Chroussa
3. Tour of Poseidonia or Delagratsia
4. Galissas-Agios Stefanos route The part of the island that is north of the imaginary axis Ermoupoli - Finikia, it is called Ano Meria. The area from the inaccessible Mount Syringa to the western coast (NATURA 2000), has many springs. Interesting routes in Ano Meria are indicative:
1. Dili, Richopo, Spilia Ferekydis, Platy Vouni
4. Ano Syros, Agios Athanasios, Finikia, Mytakas.
The following routes are marked :
Kampos Gria Cave Grammata
Kampos – Marmari
Syringas beach – Schizomenes – Lentinos Cave
Papouri – Varvarousa – Paper Eagle
– Bad River – Panahrantos Dolphin
Richopo – Ferekidi Cave – Platy Vouni
Platy Vouni – Glysoura
Kampos – Diapori Unmarked
Finikas – Atsiganokastro
Stop Kanakari - Chroussa
Azolimnos - Khotra Varis
Stop Kanakari - Stop Ag. Marina (beaches)
Stavros Parakopis - Gerousi
Galissas - Stavros Phoinikas
Faliraki - Skopelos
Prophet Ilias - Volakas
Galissas - Katakefalos
Prophet Ilias - Galissas
Mega Gyalos - Poseidonia Lighthouse
Nursing Home - Phylakas - Voulias - Kini
Phoinikas - Atsiganokastro - Stavros
Vangeli Station - Kanakari
Station St. Marina - Vangeli
Station Ag. Marina - Kanakari Reservoir
The area of Apano Meria is mountainous and rocky. Its small beaches and caves fascinate the visitor. The settlements are small and the inhabitants are engaged in agriculture, mainly arid vegetables. The region's thyme honey is considered one of the best in Greece.
Syringas mountain is a beautiful secret of the area that is worth visiting and one of the features of the landscape are the terraces, the stone terraces that hold the precious soil.
Ermoupoli-Pigi of Syringa:
Start from the ring road north of Ermoupolis and you will head towards Richopo. Staying in the left direction, you will pass the wind turbines and follow the dirt road on the right that ends at the Syringa Fountain and the chapel of Agios Ioannis. The water of the spring is famous and the view towards the sea is breathtaking.
Ano Syros - Finikia - Mytakas - Kyperousa - Ferekidi Cave:
This route starts from Ano Syros and heads northwest towards Finikia. It continues from Mytaka to the right towards Kyperousa, famous for its sunsets. From here begins the road that, after reaching Richopo, ends at the cave of Ferekydis.