The magnificent church was founded in 1849 with plans by G. Metaxas, and was officially inaugurated in 1870, without the interior decoration having been completed. In the shape of a cross, it is set in a raised courtyard with a marble parapet and balustrade. It belongs to the domed basilica type.
A 4 m high staircase leads to the all-marble central part of the facade, which has a propylon on the ground floor in the form of a portico on four Ionic columns and two pilasters with Corinthian capitals.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou