The Archaeological Museum of Syros is housed in the Ermoupolis Town Hall, with an independent entrance from the west side. The core of the Museum was the archaeological collection, mainly of inscriptions, collected by Ioannis Kokkonis in 1834. In particular, the museum exhibits the Prehistoric Collection (material mainly from the walled settlement of Kastri and the cemetery of Chalandriani. Early Bronze Age, 3rd millennium BC .X.). and the collection of Historical times (material from the ancient city of Syros and other ancient cities of the Cyclades).
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou