The monastery of Panagia Kounoupias is located on the edge of the village of Kounoupias in Kynouria. The beautiful temple is built in the style of a domed basilica with an inscribed cruciform. It was built in the 10th century, probably on the foundations of an ancient temple.
It was renovated in 1954 at the expense of Kounoupiot expatriates from America. Byzantine icons of excellent quality are preserved in the marble iconostasis. Remarkable - although worn - are two Russian icons that adorn the iconostasis, to the left and right of the fine portal. The Monastery celebrates on August 15 with a festival.
Source: UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS