On the Kounados hill, north of Parikia and northwest of the Loggovarda Monastery is the Taxiarchi Monastery. It was built in 1597 while in 1609, according to an inscription on the lintel of the entrance, the church was renovated. In 1614, the Monastery received a stauropigial value under Abbot Ieremias Agallianou. In 1743 it was annexed to the Iberon Monastery under Abbot Makarios Malatesta from Naoussa. After 1762 it became independent and from 1838 it was attached as Metochi to the Monastery of Logovarda, together with its Metochia of St. John the Theologian in Kravga (1611) and that of the Holy Apostles (1614). The Monastery is fortress-type with a wall and tall buildings around the perimeter. The church, dedicated to the Brigaders Michael and Gabriel, is inscribed cruciform with a dome. It celebrates on November 8.
Editor: Niki Kalopaidis