It is located 37 km from Kozani, in the village of Vourino, in an area rich in limestone and silicate rocks. In 1878, the first armed resistance of the Macedonians against the Turks took place here, with the aim of uniting with the rest of Greece (1908). In honor of the Macedonian fighters, in 1989 the Association of Letters and Arts of N. Kozani transformed the area into an outdoor museum of approximately 70 acres. The creator of the Museum was the teacher Kon. Siabanopoulos who set as his goal the rescue and promotion of the tradition of the place from ancient times until 1912. The Museum has a permanent exhibition with engravings, photographs, relics of the Macedonian fighters. In the outdoor space stand the busts of 21 Macedonian fighters, the Monument to the fallen heroes of the Macedonian Struggle and a Monument with busts of Philip II, Aristotle and Alexander the Great.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou