Tel.: 22850 22387
The historic Venetian Tower that once belonged to the Venetian family (also with French roots) Della Rocca-Barozzi is located at the northern entrance of the Castle of Naxos, the so-called "Trani" Gate, on the right as we enter. It was built at the beginning of the 13th century by the Venetians, then rulers of Naxos and the Cyclades, and was repaired in 1694 by the crusader Sforza Castri. The Tower is well-preserved and belongs to the Karavia family, which ensures that the building's glamor and shine are preserved unchanged.
Today it has been turned into a wonderful museum that includes furniture and objects that made up the household of the house. The Venetian Museum is a representative example of a Naxotian mansion with western influences. The museum hosts important cultural events, from concerts to local violins, art exhibitions, folklore shows, in a separate space located in the cellar of the Tower, as well as in the side yard.
Open 10.00 - 23.00
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou