(tel. 210 5543470, 210 5546019, 210 3251744)
The Archaeological Museum of Eleusis houses the Ancient Greek and Roman finds from the excavations at Eleusis and the ancient temples of the area. The Museum was built in the year 1889 according to the plans of the architect Ioannis Moussi, and contains exhibits very important for the history of the area. Some of them are the headless statue of the goddess Demeter, the headless statue of Asclepius, the marble sarcophagus of Roman times, the Proto-Attic amphora of Eleusis, the supernatural-sized statue of the breast-bearing daughter, as well as works of ceramics and micro-arts, from the prehistoric era to early Christian times.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou