The Monastery is dedicated to the patron and protector of the island and is located 2 km northwest of the town of Skopelos. The Monastery was built on the ruins of a Byzantine church according to an inscription, in 1728. In the courtyard of the monastery there is the tomb of Agios Riginos in a small sarcophagus.
Saint Riginos was the first bishop of the island who was martyred in the 4th century. The current church was built in the 1960s.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou