The Monastery of Panagia of Kandila is located above the village of Kandila of Mantineia and is perched on a steep mountainside. The monastery is 41 km from Tripoli, via Levidius.
The founding time of the monastery is not known.
What is certain is that it flourished during the 18th century, was set on fire in 1770 and was damaged during the years of the Greek Revolution.
Behind the catholicon of the temple, inside the rock, there is a cave, which is used as a natural refrigerator to preserve food.
It is a nunnery.
Below the Monastery, next to the village of Kandila, is the monastery's metochi.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou