The Varson Monastery, dedicated to Agios Nikolaos, is built on Mount Ktenia. It was founded in the 16th century. The abundant water that flows from the taps located in the monastery precincts springs from a spring located under the sacred step of the temple.
The monastery has a rich archive of documents, a library and many relics.
The current catholicon was built in the 19th century and for the decoration of its exterior many sculptures have been used from the oldest temple which was built in 1610 and burned during the disasters of Ibrahim.
The monastery is located 11 km from Tripoli and is close to the village of Neochori in Mantineia, from which it is 5 km.
Source: UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS