The Monastery of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is considered one of the greatest pilgrimages of the Greek Catholic Church. It is located in Exoburgos and includes, in addition to the temple, a restaurant and dormitories for hosting guests. It was founded by Jesuit monks, who arrived in Tinos at the end of the 17th century and settled in a house granted to them inside the Castle and turned it into the church of Agia Sophia. In the middle of the forecourt area dominates the statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, dedicated to the fallen Catholics between 1912-1950. Every second Sunday of July a festival is organized which attracts a large number of believers from all over Greece.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou