The Monastery of Saints Anargyros Cosmas and Damianos is located on a hill in the area of Agia Irini of the Municipal Unit of Triovasalos. The Monastery, which never functioned, belongs to the Zephyria Parish of Milos. The building complex includes the church of Saints Anargyro, the church of Agia Sophia, ground-floor buildings (auxiliary spaces), a large courtyard and a two-story tower-shaped bell tower at the entrance of the monastery. The church of Agioi Anargyro dates back to the 19th century and is of the Cycladic type with an arched facade. Next to the church of the Saints, the church of Agia Sophia was built in 1918 on the initiative of the Association of Apantachou Milia "Agia Sophia". Inside the church, part of the wood-carved iconostasis, which was transferred from the burnt church of Agios Georgios in Pera Triovasalos, is preserved. The temples celebrate with a festival on July 1 and September 17.
Editor: Niki Kalopaidis