South of Voni, at a distance of about 500 m. is the chapel of Agia Marina, which is considered miraculous. In fact, in the past, as it is believed, it gushed from the area of the holy ajasma. It gathers thousands of pilgrims from all parts of Crete, on the day of the Saint's celebration, on July 17. The area where the church of Ag. Marinas was the property of Khosref Pasha from Voni and he sold it to Ioannis Kaparounakis from Thrapsanos. The aga did not include in the contract a ruined church, which was inside the estate.
Kaparounakis rebuilt it with the help of the residents of Voni and Thrapsanos in 1901. A marble inscription at the entrance of the small church reads: "This holy church was built with the contribution and care of the pious John A. Kaparounakis from Thrapsanos in the year 1901". Above the small church was built a new magnificent church, guest houses, etc. The church was a holy place of pilgrimage and was managed by a seven-member committee of which three members were from Thrapsanos, three from Voni and the Archbishop of Crete was the chairman. Today it is an autonomous Monastery with few nuns.