The Holy Monastery of Taxiarchon Gouras is built on rocks and the high bell tower is particularly noticeable. The whole site is a stone platform of Mount Nemertsika. The main entrance is on the southwest side and because the monastery used to be at risk from robbers, it had a different configuration. In the eastern part stood the catholicon of the monastery which is not preserved today. At the northern end there is the chapel of Agios Charalambous, while on the eastern and northern sides in the shape of a C angle, several cells and basements are preserved. Their walls are very thick and are in excellent condition. Cell basements used to be used as auxiliary spaces: oven, kitchen, bank, warehouses. On the south side is the bell tower which dates from 1857 and today is the tallest building of the monastery.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou