Above the Tsepelovou - Skamnelio road, on a rocky slope, is the monastery of Agia Paraskevi Skamnelio, at a distance of a quarter of an hour on foot. The Monastery was founded in 1697, and only its katholikon is preserved, built in the style of a single-aisled basilica, with remarkable hagiographies (1773) by Anastasios of Kapesovitis. The catholicon of the Agia Paraskevi monastery was restored (painted) in 1717, and the narthex in 1773.
The Monastery experienced a special flourishing and had a special spiritual radiation in the wider area of Zagori, while today part of its large library is preserved in the central church of Panagia of Skamneli.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou