The monastery of Prophet Ilias is located southeast of the Village, near Agia Marina. It is built on the ruins of a Hellenistic-era building. The church (6.74X 3.22) is a single-chamber vaulted building and has frescoes from 1722 that are preserved in good condition. The building complex also includes 3 temples, cells and auxiliary spaces. South-east of the main church is the temple of Ypapanti, which is single-aisled (9.95 X 3.03) and wall-painted (1705). South-west of Ypapanti is the navdrium of Agia Anna, single room (4.26 X 2.51) and without frescoes. South-east of Agia Anna is the navdrium of the 40 Martyrs "of the Reverend Martyrs", which is single room (6.61 X 2.56) and has no frescoes. In the first half of the 18th century, a local iconography workshop was active on the island with the painters brothers Grigorios and Neophytos. It is possible that the frescoes of the Prophet Elias monastery are the work of these hagiographers. The Monastery celebrates on July 20.
Editor: Niki Kalopaidis