It is the only settlement on the island. It is located at the southeast end of the island in a sheltered bay that divides the island of Bourtzi into two parts.
A relatively new settlement, built in 1829-1830 on the site of the ancient city, on two hills lying at the edge of the sea. The ancient settlement was founded in 800 BC.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou