On an islet opposite the Alykes Alexandrou in Drepanos bay, the small Castle (the Torretta) of Alexandrou is located. The Castle was built during the time of the Venetian occupation (1684) together with the Saltworks (for the production of salt) on an area of 50 acres. During the Russian-Turkish occupation (1798), the Castle was renovated and received its name in honor of Tsar Alexander. Remains of the circular turret are preserved as well as parts of the masonry of the stone structure which are scattered in the area.
Editor: Niki Kalopaidis