Near the entrance of Platy Gialos bay is the small uninhabited island of Kitriani or Kypriani. The islet is of particular interest thanks to the church of Panagia Kypriani which is built there. It was founded in the 11th century and is one of the oldest ecclesiastical monuments of Sifnos. The iconostasis of the church dates from 1732.
Editor: Fotini Anastasopoulou